Wednesday 7 August 2013

Graham Onions: Playing in home Ashes Test would be a 'dream come true'

Graham Onions has revealed that it would be a "dream come true" to selected by England to play on his home ground in the 4th Investec Ashes Test at the Emirates Durham International Cricket Ground.

The 30-year-old has been called up to the squad to take on Australia at the home of Durham CCC, in the Test which begins on Friday.



When asked if this was the pinnacle of his career,  Graham said: "It definitely is, yes. I played here in 2009 against the West Indies, I remember it was absolutely freezing but it was a great day.

"To play against Australia on Friday, in front on my family would be amazing and to use a cliche, it would be a dream come true.

"It would be, I've played here all my career and from the age of being a young boy I've always wanted to play Test match cricket [on my home ground], so it would be nice to be selected on Friday to try and prove what I can do."

Graham has taken 32 wickets in his nine Test matches for England,  three of which came against the West Indies at Durham in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment