Friday 9 August 2013

Trott: England 'disappointed' with first innings effort

England batsman Jonathan Trott has admitted he and his teammates are disappointed in their efforts in their first innings in the first day of 4th Investec Ashes Test at the Emirates Durham International Cricket Ground.


The Three Lions finished the day on 238-9, after captain Alastair Cook won the toss and elected to bat in the north east sunshine

Trott said: "I wouldn't say there was serious concern, I think we are disappointed that we've got ourselves into good position and then got ourselves into a bad position.

"We are not sure what a good score would be on that wicket, I think batting first was the correct decision. As a group we're disappointed that we've ended the day behind.

"I don't think we try and look to far ahead and aim to go to the Oval 3-0 up, you haven't go to look that far ahead, we have to focus on winning this game."

Trott has struggled for form in the Ashes series as he has passed 50 twice in seven innings and was out one short of his half-century on Friday, as he was caught at bat-pad by Usman Khawaja off the bowling off Nathan Lyon.

Despite his recent hardships, the 32-year-old isn't concerned about his form and is confident that  a big score is around the corner.

He added: "I've been able to get three good starts and I haven't gone on but that's cricket. There's no divine right to score big hundreds you have to earn it, things haven't gone my way, you've seen other guys get hundreds and get the team into good positions.

"I've got full confidence that I will be able to do that and hopefully in my next innings I will make a big contribution and make those big scores. So it's definitely not too far off."

No comments:

Post a Comment